On January 27th – 29th over 150 NACE Leaders gathered in New Orleans at the annual NACE Evolve Conference to connect with industry professionals, to hear about the NACE National Strategic Plan and to share best practices across our network. Each year the Charlotte Board of Directors allocates funding to send 3-5 board members to attend this leadership conference. Our board believes that it is important to invest in its members, including members who volunteer their time to our chapter.
This year representing the Charlotte NACE Chapter with me was Secretary, Megan Applegate Shatto, CPCE, Programs Co-Chair, Brittney Derrick, Hospitality Chair, Emily Brandewie and Fundraising Chair, Tara West. Each member participated in extensive education sessions and breakout groups that will enable them to become stronger local leaders. The Charlotte board retreat will be taking place on Monday, February 12th at the Foundation For The Carolinas and these members will be sharing the information learned at Evolve with the board in order to incorporate best practices into our chapter throughout 2018.
But what I really want to share with our Charlotte NACE Community is the recently released NACE 2017-2020 Strategic Plan. Your NACE National Leadership and Staff have worked extensively to develop this workplan that shifts the vision and mission of NACE in a progressive and member driven direction. To read the entire strategic plan please visit http://www.nace.net/anewdirection
Here are some insights from the NACE National Strategic Plan:
As the premier resource and community for catering and events professionals, the Boards of NACE and The Foundation of NACE, have determined the association’s focus through 2020 will be on professional development, community enhancement, and organizational excellence to anchor its strategic direction.
To deliver on our mission and work toward realizing our vision, we are committed to achieving the following goals and objectives:
Goal 1 – Essential Resource
NACE will identify, develop, and offer cutting-edge education, technology, tools, and access to expertise through a variety of online and in-person platforms enabling catering and event professionals to grow and thrive in a highly competitive environment.
Goal 2 – Strong, Vibrant Community
NACE will provide programs, services, messaging, marketing, and overall support designed to optimize through local, regional, national, and social networks:
- member learning
- interactive experiences
- access to expertise
- professional development
Goal 3 – Strategic, Aligned, Transparent Organization
NACE will strengthen its communications, operations, and infrastructure to ensure positive member interactions, an efficient, sustainable organization, and timely delivery of valued products and services.
I know that is a lot to take in however I think that it is important that our Charlotte NACE members and fellow industry professionals are aware of the direction that the NACE National Board and Staff are taking the organization as well as how your local leaders are going to implement those principles into our chapter governance and programming.
As the 2018 board develops our workplan for this year and the future, we will align our chapter goals with this new direction from NACE National in order to continue to provide exceptional education and networking opportunities here in Charlotte.
Cristin Corder Lee, CPCE
2018-2019 Charlotte NACE President
Quail Hollow Club Job Description
Event and Banquet Coordinator
Summary of Position:
Oversee all administrative processes for the department and assists in planning, directing, coordinating, promoting and managing the club’s social activities. Position will work with Event Planner and team to ensure that all member and guests expectations are exceeded to enhance their overall enjoyment of the club.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Eager to learn and be a team player who takes pride in themselves and their job performance
- A hands on approach is essential
- Maintains a positive work attitude and highly organized self-starter
- Assists in arranging events for the club’s dining facilities for private banquets, business and social meetings and other member-related activities
- Supports Event Planner in keeping accurate Banquet Event Orders for each event
- Assists in arranging all event needs, including but not limited to decorations, flowers, linen, rental equipment, staging, entertainment, menu cards, and audio-visual needs for private events, club events, or special dining room requests
- Assists in planning, promoting and generating enthusiasm and interest for the club’s diverse social programs
- Present to oversee the greeting and serving of the guests for both private and club events
- Contributes to revenue growth opportunities and ensures timely, accurate invoice processing, banquet billing and arranges for prompt payment for all events
- Serves as liaison between the kitchen, service staff and management
- Prepares all materials pertaining to and attends weekly banquet meetings
- Perform other duties as assigned
- A minimum of one year of experience of assisting with event planning is preferred and general knowledge of the private club industry’s food and beverage operations is preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Jonas Club Management Software is preferred
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) are necessary
- Must be very detail-oriented
- Confident at speaking with members on a daily basis
- Must be flexible to accommodate irregular or extended hours and duties
- Must be able to climb stairs
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds
- Constantly walks, stands, reaches, bends, sits, carries and stoops
Background check and drug test are required. We are a drug free workplace.
Creative Events Charlotte is seeking two new 'creatives' to add to our TEAM !
If you are Detail orientated, creative & willing to learn... give us a call .