Birds are chirping, trees are blooming and daylight lasts longer! I personally love this time of the year and am happy to have winter behind us here in the beautiful Queen City. And with more daylight comes more time to do things that are important to us both personally and professionally. Our March #CommunityGiveBack program reminded me that not only can I make a difference in my community as an individual but that as an organization, our Charlotte NACE Chapter, can make an impact too.
We partnered with Pop Up Produce founder and Executive Director, Amanda Zullo for our March meeting to provide our chapter with a community give back opportunity. Pop Up Produce’s mission is to combat various socio-economic issues such as food disparity, food deserts and food insecurity through their Grow Food | Grow Community programs. One of the Grow Food programs is the Fresh Starter Kit packaging party for groups and organizations and was a great fit for our monthly meeting. Attendees were spilt into 4 groups and rotated through the Fresh Starter Kit station throughout the event. The kits are made up of 4 varieties of herbs, composting materials, the growing container and the recyclable packaging complete with label. Each group was responsible for producing ~30 complete kits within their allotted time and in total our chapter prepared over 100 kits for Pop Up Produce.
Because we have an incredible Programs team, this engaging volunteer opportunity took place at The Catawba Brewery’s Barrel Room complete with their delicious craft beers. So we are in an actual barrel room enjoying tasty food stations expertly served by the Best Impressions team all while listening to live Bluegrass music provided by Dean’s Duets with festive linens provided by Connie Duglan Linens and captured by Amanda Moss Photography. I mean can a meeting be any cooler than that! Why yes it can because while all of this was going on, every attendee had ample time to also connect and network with their event industry peers.
So mark your calendars for our next meeting which will be held on April 16th in South End at the Elder Gallery. The meeting will feature a panel of wedding event professionals discussing cultural wedding trends, tips and taboos. For more information and to register please visit http://charlottenace.com/meetinginfo.php?id=183&ts=1522754722 and I look forward to seeing you there!
Cristin Corder Lee, CPCE
President 2018- 2019
The Charlotte Regional Visitors Authority (CRVA) and Queens University of Charlotte are excited to connect you and your teams to the largest one-day leadership event in the world, right in Uptown Charlotte.
Broadcast live from Atlanta on May 4, Leadercast Live showcases some of the most recognizable and respected global leaders who will help you raise your leadership standard through a creative, energetic and memorable experience. Past speakers have included Tyler Perry, Condoleezza Rice and Peyton Manning.
To learn more and find updates on this year's speaker line-up, visit leadercast.com.
Your ticket includes a continental breakfast, buffet lunch, Leadercast 2018 speaker handbook and access to an exclusive Leadercast networking session immediately following the last session. Tickets and tables can be purchased at leadercastcharlotte.com.
Who we are: Party Reflections is a leading event rental industry provider in the Carolinas. The business started in 1958 and has been a family operated business since day one. The most important piece to our success is our people. We strive to make great moments happen for both our clients and our employees. We are always eager for motivated, and results-driven people to join our team!
Job Title: Account Executive | RALEIGH
Qualifications: Strategic and creative thinking to understand industry and business trends.
Great organizational, oral and written communication skills.
Extensive experience with presentations and client facing communication.
Ability to work independently and meet quota-level goals.
Good understanding of event management.
Experience demonstrating the ability to manage multiple projects.
Knowledge of event rental equipment a plus.
Experience: Bachelor’s degree and 3 + years sales experience.
Position Summary: The Account Executive manages the sales process of our rental equipment through current relationships as well as develops new business relationships in the Carolinas and surrounding areas.
Responsibilities Include but are not limited to:
- Generating new revenue through closing sales by acquiring new business customers and growing existing customers.
- Design effective proposals and quotations, and respond in a timely manner to Requests for Proposals (RFP).
- Create and Maintain contracts with clients through the event process.
- Practice effective time management for sufficient sales activity.
- Identify future product and market growth opportunities.
- Oversee the coordination of sub-rentals and outside vendors when necessary.
- Develop new business leads through networking.
- Join professional organizations such as NACE or ILEA to build professional network.
- Adhere to company policies and pricing structure.
- Cultivate and increase annual rental revenue.
- Track and report results of market analysis and business development for future opportunities.
- Work with the Operations Staff and Project management team to ensure jobs are handled appropriately and meet the client’s expectations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Proficient use of rental software a plus.
Please visit https://partyreflections.com/career-opportunities for more information and to apply!
Part Time Position 15-25 hours per week
Description of Position
The event assistant is responsible for event set up, execution, and event break down, catering deliveries and Retail Operations. This person must have a valid North Carolina driver’s license, clean driving record, along with their own vehicle. They must be available to work as needed for Events and deliveries as needed.
The Event Assistant will have a thorough knowledge and understanding of our menu and learn processes quickly. The Event assistant is responsible for set up and execution of all in house and offsite catering events. The Event Assistant must be able to support the Catering Sales Manager in assigned weekly tasks and able to complete other duties as assigned. This person will also assist in running our retail operations. Open Availability is necessary. Excellent communication skills required to work with clients during event. Excellent presentation skills required in representing company during events.
- Setup and Execution of Events
- Being efficient and having great organizational skills
- Learning menus and standard setups for events
- Ability to deliver catering orders
- Passion for catering and events
- Work as a team player with a passion for continuous learning
- Being able to work different Retail Outlets within the company
- Answering phones and inquires
- HS Diploma or GED Equivalent
- Valid NC Driver’s License
- A minimum of 1-year Hotel, Catering and or Retail Experience
- Open Availability including evenings and weekends
- Ability to lift 35 pounds
Dynamic Catering Event Sales Assistant- We are looking for:
- Great interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills
- Great attention to detail
- Hospitality preferably hotel and or catering experience
- Must have own vehicle and acceptable driving record
Please Send Email with Name, Telephone, and Resume Attachment