Private Event Coordinator
Carmel Country Club
Apr. 7, 2021
Carmel Country Club, a premier private club located in Charlotte, North Carolina has an exciting career opportunity for a Private Event Planner. We take our greatest pride in our family atmosphere and all the wonderful moments members have experienced and shared over the years. Carmel is a symbol of tradition in Charlotte, a place where the whole family loves to be, and everyone feels at home.
Are you creative, passionate and entrepreneurial? At Carmel Country Club, we believe that you need to be yourself; connect genuinely; and inspire a connection with our membership. Because for us, it’s all about people, those who work for us and our members who are so loyal to us.
What You Get To Do
The Private Event Planner is responsible for the sales, planning, execution and billing operations of various events at Carmel Country Club. This position reports to the Director of Catering and Events and works alongside the Banquet Manager and Member Events Coordinator to maximize guest satisfaction. The Private Event Coordinator will supervise all banquet functions and ensure all aspects are in accordance with Carmel Country Club’s high Hospitality standards. They work with the banquet department and other departments to assure that the members’ and guests’ expectations are exceeded and the highest quality food and service are delivered.
Your Day-To Day
EVENT PLANNING (55%)
- Helps members arrange banquets, luncheons, meetings, weddings, dances and other social events; obtains pertinent information needed for guest planning.
- Helps members plan special events, including menus, entertainment, theme, decorations and other aspects that best meet their needs and will exceed their expectations.
- Maintains current and accurate member files for all events.
- Coordinates and assists with the set-up and delivery of assigned banquet events.
- Responsible for hands-on service work when needed and orchestrating events when necessary.
SALES & MARKETING (25%)
- Responds immediately to all incoming catering and banquet opportunities for the club.
- Continually explores and contacts potential new sales sources as permitted by club’s bylaws.
- Assists the Catering Director in implementing an aggressive, ongoing sales campaign to alert members to the club’s banquet operations and capabilities.
- Assists the Catering Director in developing, implementing and monitoring the annual sales (marketing) plan for the Catering Department.
- Manages complaints.
- Assists with completion of in-house banquet event orders (BEOs).
- Assumes responsibility of manager-on-duty when necessary.
- Manages banquet billing and arranges prompt payment for all events.
- Updates weekly function information for all affected staff.
- Attends staff meetings.
- Other responsibilities as needed
Specific Experience We're Seeking
- A minimum of two years of experience in the catering sales, event planning and/or in the marketing of member or guest services
- At least a two-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management or related major, a four year degree is preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of the private club industry’s food and beverage operations, or high end hotel experience knowledge is required.
Competitive Pay, Excellent Benefits, 401K Plan, PTO, Complimentary Employee Meals and Golf on Monday when available.