Catering Administrative/Event Assistant
Sweet Creations of Charlotte
Apr. 16, 2021
Do you have a passion for food, a team mindset, and enjoy the fast pace work? Are you creative, yet organized and disciplined? Do you love planning events and have an eye for detail? If so, the Catering Administrative/Event Assistant position may be the perfect fit for you.
We are looking for a sharp, organized, positive, scheduled, goal-oriented, business-minded, food-loving, service-oriented, team player to use their talent and energy to help our company thrive. This position will report directly to the Catering Sales Manager.
- Answer the phone line and communicate with guests on necessary catering information (i.e., catering orders, catering menus, types of service, guest recovery, etc.)
- Maintain high-level of professionalism and competence when dealing with clients and staff members. Email Management: stay on top of a busy inbox, manage requests in a timely manner. Develop and update administrative systems to make them more efficient.
- Accurate proposal creation, BEO completion, client follow up and final invoicing.
- Flexibility to work outside of standard office hours is needed to execute events and complete necessary and time sensitive tasks.
- Assist with planning, coordination and execution of events, act as event coordinator and on-site event contact when Catering Sales Manager is absent.
- Perform clerical and administrative duties to support the day-to-day operations of the business. Maintains and organizes files, work areas, and office equipment.
- Assist in preparation of end of month financial reports. Prepare daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports using Microsoft excel. Entering accounts payable and receivables.
- Maintain catering calendar ensure all everts are entered correctly.
- Maintain all client ordering websites (Ubereats, DoorDash, EZcater, Square, etc..)
- Perform monthly vendor statement reconciliation.
- Process vendor invoices for payment - using computer, making sure addition is correct and checking item prices, making sure there is no discrepancy in pricing.
- Attend in-service and/or safety meetings and staff meetings as required.
- Purchasing - prepare purchase orders; maintain all office supplies, items needed for events and deliveries.
- Ensure operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Helping train staff as needed.
- Prepares thank you notes, invitations, and department communications and distributes materials in advance as needed.
- Maintain clean and safe work environment; ability to perform job safely.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change.